Posted by: Erica | Thursday, February 5, 2015 at 1:56PM
It’s so hard...to say goodbye...to y-e-s-t-e-r-d-aaaaaaaa-y --Boyz2Men
So as you may have noticed, things have been pretty darn quiet around these parts lately. I sat down to write this post about 146 times between the end of last year and now, and either it *really* is hard to say goodbye to yesterday, or I’m a lazy asshole. I’m pretty sure it’s a combo of the two.
Anyway, after 7 years and hundreds of posts including restaurant takedowns, Target takedowns, movie theater takedowns, loads of other crap, and more angry comments than we can count (yes, i mostly mean you, Vienna11215), it’s time to say adios to our good ole pal FIPS.
As much as we’ve “embraced the hate” around here, I have to say that I can pretty much trace most of the good shit in my life straight back to this here blog. And truth time: there would never have been a blog without all you amazing SOB’s who read this damn thing, and all you super awesome, fantabulous writers who wrote this damn thing. You all rock, and I’ll always be insanely grateful for each and every one of you.
Don’t worry: you can keep following us on Twitter (so FIPS is not totally dead...think of it more as on life support with little hope of recovery). And if by chance you’re some sort of crazy person who wants to buy a blog with the word “fuck” in the URL, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Otherwise, peace out everyone...and try not to have too much fun being fucked in Park Slope without us.
Big time thanks to all of these mofos, who each contirubted to the awesomeness of FIPS (in no particular order):
The FIPS OG's
All the others FIPSTERS
- Kate S.
- J. Charles
- Kymmie P
- Shit, did I forget anyone???
And all these mofos too:
- Notorius BIG
- All the Park Slope Co-op members who sent us scoop
- everyone else who sent us scoop
- every baby in every bar
- Amy Sohn
- everyone who stopped me on the street to pet Oliver
- the Park Slope opera singer
- the Q train and the B train
- NOT the G train
- The rooftop at Hotel Le Bleu, R.I.P
- The Pavilion movie theater, and all of the bed bugs that reside there
- Hunan Delight which I am officially nominating for fastest Chinese delivery in Park Slope
- The Mildred
- The North Park Slope Basset Association